Household Insurance

Home Contents Insurance will generally cover everything within your home, and within the boundaries of your property, usually on a “new for old” basis.

A common mistake is to cover the property’s market value, which means many people end up over-insured and paying more than they need to. You should instead be covering the sum insured, which is simply the cost of completely rebuilding the property.

At Insurewise we can help you calculate the correct value needed, before offering a comprehensive policy which can include subsidence and all-important flood cover.

A Household Insurance policy arranged by Insurewise will typically include the following as standard:

  • All household goods and personal belongings up to £50,000
  • Contents temporarily removed from the home
  • Accidental damage
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Contents of outbuildings up to £5,000
  • Lock replacement up to £500
  • Contents of freezers up to £400
  • Loss of heating fuel and metered water

Other items, such as bikes, business computer equipment or other items used for work purposes are not always automatically covered. Our team at Insurewise can advise further on this and arrange additional cover as required.

Valuable items such as works of art, collections, jewellery etc should be insured for a specified sum with the insurers, within the framework of the policy.

You may also be interested in